An upper endoscopy is a treatment in which an endoscope, “a flexible tube with a light and camera connected to it,” is passed through the throat right into the esophagus.
Whilea colonoscopy is done in the opposite way and is the procedure in which endoscopy is done throughthe rectum as well as into the big intestine or colon.
Endoscopy can be both analyses as well as healing, meaning it can both identify an illness such as cancer along with being utilized in therapy.
Types of Endoscopy:
This category involves many procedures. Following are a few types of endoscopy:
- Colonoscopy: In this procedure examination of the large intestine is performed, commonly performed to check for polyps or colon cancer.
- Endoscopic Ultrasound: This kind of procedure is generally made use to consider the esophagus, stomach, and intestinal tract. It can additionally be made use to check out the lungs, liver, gallbladder, and pancreas.
- Upper Endoscopy: Also called an esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD), this procedure allows for examination of the esophagus, stomach as well as duodenum.
- Endoscopic Mucosal Resection: EMR entails the elimination of sores from the intestinal (GI) system. The lesions may be beginning to transform malignant or benign.
- Endoscopic Submucosal Breakdown: ESD is a procedure to remove a specific type of intestinal growths.
- Endoscopic Fistula Closure: This is a treatment for closing perforations in the GI tract.
- Cholangioscopy: This procedure is normally made use to deal with bile duct rocks.
- Radiofrequency Ablation: This sort of ablation treatment offers therapy for a problem referred to as Barrett’s Esophagus or BE.
- Esophagogastroduodenoscopy:According to the National Institutes of Health, EGD or Esophagogastroduodenoscopy is a test to check out the lining of the esophagus, stomach, and very first component of the small intestine.
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography: This procedure, also known as ERCP, is utilized to take a look at as well as deal with issues with the bile or pancreatic air ducts.
If you need any endoscopy instruments, please click over the link.